- All booked accommodation
- All meals, mid morning and tea time snack
- Soft drinks, house wines, local beers, non-premium drinks, filtered water, teas and coffees.
- Two activities per day
- VAT 16%
- Champagne, premium wines and spirits, imported beers
- Fishing Tackle Hire: $25 per person per day
- N.B. Please note that National Park and other third-party fees and taxes may be subject to change without notice
GROUP BOOKING DISCOUNT (requires 25% non-refundable deposit on booking)
Groups of 6 or more guests qualify for a 10% discount during all seasons and can be combined with other discounts. These also apply to our package deals.
|Non-Commissionable addition rates|
|Air Transfer from Lusaka Airport to Charangwe Lower Zambezi Safari Lodge. The Non-Package Rate.||360*** One Way||To be added by yourselves to the guest’s account||***Subject to change by the airline. Please confirm price.|
|Tourism Levy, Park, Conservation, Carbon Fee. Only valid for Charangwe Lower Zambezi Safari Lodge||110 per day per person||To be added by yourselves to the guest’s account||This contribution is paid by ourselves to the National Parks Authority, Elephant Charge and Conservation Lower Zambezi (CLZ) for sustainable protection of Zambia and the local environment in particular.|
|Lusaka Airport Meet and Greet. If required.||40||To be added by yourselves to the guest’s account||This contribution is paid by ourselves to the agent|
|Private Guide and Safari Vehicle. If required.||1000||Charged at Lower Zambezi Safari Lodge||Guests usually join a safari outing alongside other guests, free of charge|
|Departure tax at Livingstone or Lusaka||16 per person||Paid directly by client|
|Air Charter Safety Tax||5 per person||Paid directly by client|
No single supplement available at Charangwe Lower Zambezi Safari Lodge.
*Charangwe Dream Honeymoon: Romantic, includes bubbly & roses on arrival, private island picnic lunch, private candlelit dinner on pontoon with pontoon moored on the Zambezi, and a private breakfast served whilst drifting down the Zambezi – the ultimate honeymoon surprise. Available at Charangwe River Lodge and Charangwe Lower Zambezi Safari Lodge.
**Young Adult Policy: A maximum of one young adult of 12 years or older can be accommodated on a fold away bed which is placed in a Luxury Villa. Two young adults would have to reserve another Villa at full charge, they are supplied with two-way radios for the adults’ comfort. N.B Walks and canoe trips are at the guide and lodge managers discretion.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All accommodation rates are quoted per person per night.
- All bookings are subject to a minimum stay of 2 consecutive nights.
- Services are quoted inclusive of 16% VAT, 1.5% Tourism Levy, 10% Statutory Service Charge as applicable.
- CCC – A non-commissionable community and conservation contribution per person per night is added to all bed nights. No exceptions.
- Bona fide pilots, guides, tour leaders are accommodated at reduced Pilot & Guide Rates unless guest accommodation is specifically requested and booked for a pilot, guide or tour leader. Inclusions & exclusions for Standard Rates apply to Pilot & Guide Rates. Max 1 per every 4 full paying guests and maximum 2 per booking.
- Any services included in the applicable rate, CCC or any special offer and not used by the traveler are not refundable or available for a credit.
- Charangwe Group reserves the right to amend its rates and these terms & conditions without prior notice. Confirmed bookings will be honoured at all times.
BOOKING, PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION
- Provisional bookings:
- More than 30 days out: Provisional bookings for arrival more than 30 days out are automatically released after 7 days.
- Less than 30 days out: Provisional bookings for arrival 30 days or less out are automatically released after 72 hours.
- Confirmation of Accommodation at Charangwe Group:
- Once a reservation has been confirmed by the client in writing, our cancellation policy will apply.
- Charangwe Group will confirm a reservation subject to the following policy:
- More than 60 days out: Receipt of a 25% non-refundable deposit of the total invoiced amount for accommodation within 5 business / banking days from written confirmation by the client or forwarding of the deposit request by the Charangwe Group, whichever is the later. Balance payment is due 30 days before arrival.
- Less than 60 days out: Receipt of 100% of the total invoiced amount within 5 business / banking days from written confirmation, but at least before arrival.
- Late payment of deposits or balance payments will result in bookings becoming subject to reconfirmation and may result in cancellation.
- Confirmation of Third-Party Services: Reservations for additional services (tranfers etc.) that have been made on behalf of the client, can only be confirmed upon receipt of payment in full for such services. The terms and conditions, booking and cancellation policies of the third-party service provider apply.
- Currency: Services are invoiced and payable in United States Dollars. Zambian residents may pay in Zambian Kwacha. For payment in Zambian Kwacha, receipts of payment will be credited to the booking in USD at the Rate of Exchange of the receiving bank on date of receipt.
- Remittance: Copies of all remittance advices must be forwarded to our reservation’s office via email: email@example.com.
- Bank Charges: All bank charges are for the account of the client. Payments must be made Free of Exchange. Accommodation, third party services and other disbursements must be paid via Electronic Fund Transfer. For payment of these services via credit card, a 5.27% surcharge applies. In the event that a booking is paid in more than the instalments as specified above, any deductions incurred for receipt of the additional payments by Charangwe Group will be for the account of the guest.
In the event of a cancellation, the following charges and conditions will apply:
Accommodation at the Charangwe Group of Lodges:
- Cancellation from date of confirmation up to 60 days prior to arrival: 25% per proforma invoice will be charged.
- Cancellation up to 30 days days prior to arrival: 50% per proforma invoice will be charged.
- Cancellation less than 14 days prior to arrival: 100% per proforma invoice will be charged.
- Confirmed additional services: 100% per proforma invoice will be charged.
All cancellations must be made in writing to our reservations office. Charangwe Group will take compassionate circumstances into account at its own discretion. In such event, clients may re-schedule their stay once within 12 months of the original date of arrival. Payments received will be credited to such a re-scheduled booking. Credits are not transferrable from the principal traveller(s). A surplus will not be refunded. Rate increases apply.
- Refunds: In the event that a refund is due, this will be paid via bank transfer. Any cost incurred by Charangwe Group for the initial receipt of the funds and any bank charges applicable to the refund will be borne by the client.
CHECK OUT PAYMENT
- Payment of any and all extras are to be settled prior to departure. Extras can be settled in USD or via credit card (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express).
- Payment of accommodation, transfers and any disbursements via credit card is subject to a 5.27% surcharge.
- All guests are required to complete and sign the Guest Detail and Indemnity Form on arrival.
- Safari activities and visits to a safari area and the safari lodges, place visitors in close proximity to wild animals and expose visitors to the hazards of such environment. Whilst every care is taken by the Charangwe Group to avoid any incident.
- Charangwe Group bears no responsibility whatsoever for any loss, injury, illness, death, delays, cancellations or changes to an itinerary and retains the right to alter, amend or cancel any part of a safari at Charangwe Group Safaris with just reason.
- For safari activities, guests are required to bring their personal binoculars, cameras, fishing rods and respective accessories. Angling tackle can be hired on a limited basis from the Charangwe Groups lodges. Rental of angling tackle does not cover breakages.
CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT
- Guests may check in from 13h00. Guests have to check out before 11h00.
- Early arrival at the camp prior to standard check-in time and/or late departure from the camp after standard check-out time, may be subject to additional charges in accordance with the rate type.
- Early check-in and Late check-out charges / bookings cover use of public camp facilities, activities and catering as per the rate type but does not guarantee use of private guest accommodation.
- On request, passenger transfers within Zambia can be arranged on behalf of guests to and from the camp. Charangwe Group does not act as an agent for such services and cannot be held responsible for any accidents, incidents, delays or cancellations of such services by a third-party service provider.
- It is the responsibility of each visitor to the Charangwe Group of lodges to ensure that adequate and comprehensive travel insurance is in place from the time of confirmation of a booking at Charangwe Groups lodges and that details of such insurance are available during the time of travel.
- Such travel insurance must cover the visitor against all risks including but not limited to costs of cancellation and curtailment, damage, delay, evacuation, medical treatment, hospitalization, illness, inconvenience, injury, loss, repatriation and theft.
- Charangwe Group cannot accept any liability for any of these events under any circumstances.
- We recommend that travellers to Africa keep all inoculations for tropical diseases up to date.
- Zambia is a malaria area. Travelers must seek advice from their doctor and/or travel clinic on the use of anti-malarial prophylactics. Where reference is made to “days”, this refers to calendar days unless specifically stipulated otherwise.
- Visitors are recommended to check with their Foreign Offices, Consular section and travel agent for current visa requirements, travel, health and safety advisories.